Details of costs
Here are details for the cost of coming on the course and also for the accommodation that we can organise for you.
- Everyone pays the course fee. Then you can choose whether to take the Scicli B&B accommodation or to find your own.
- Spouses / partners / children / friends who do not play in the orchestra are exempt from the course fee.
- It is possible to pay in instalments. Please enquire.
- You pay Massimo Borgese for the Scicli B&B accommodation in cash, at the end of the week.
- If there are fluctuations in the Sterling to Euro exchange rate the amounts quoted here may go up or down.
- Please note: course figures given are in Sterling, accommodation figures in Euros.
- Course fee = £300 per person
- A discount of £30 is available if you pay before the end of February 2024, bring a playing friend/family member, or are a full-time student.
- An additional discount of £30 is available for a third family member when all three play in the orchestra.
- An additional discount is available to anyone who books onto both this course and the Lugo course at the same time: £100 off the combined fees for the two courses. Please enquire if you would be interested to do this.
- NB Accommodation costs are to be confirmed (these are the amounts from 2023)
- There is a non-refundable admin charge of £25 per room
- Shared accommodation = €50 (per person, per night)
- Single accommodation = €90 (per night)
- For anyone in a group/family of 3 or more there may be a small discount – please enquire.
The course encompasses 6 nights of accommodation, Monday to Saturday. Extra nights can be booked, at the above rates.
In addition you will need to pay the local tourist tax of €1 per person per night in cash at the end of the week.
[Last updated: 14/02/2024]
This refund policy covers two eventualities: 1. We cancel. 2. You cancel. In either eventuality, this policy deals only with the course fee and the accommodation admin fee: the cost of travel, accommodation and any other costs/expenses are not covered by, nor relevant to, this policy.
- We cancel
If we were to cancel the course, for any reason, any payment(s) you have made for the course fee would be refunded. Please note that there is a minimum number of participants required to make a course viable. If that number is not reached then cancellation is possible, up to 2 months before the start date of the course. However, as of February 2024, this has never happened.
- You cancel
If you need to cancel your attendance on the course for health reasons you would be refunded, upon presentation of a doctor’s note, 50% of the course fee that you have already paid. The accommodation admin fee is not refundable in this instance. These fees are not refundable for any other reason.
- It is not possible to roll your fee over to next year (or any subsequent year) for any reason.
- The course fee is not transferable
- This Refund Policy will be reviewed regularly, you will be notified of any updates.